The latest Digital Hub update includes new conversion options and improvements to the accessibility and file-checking capabilities.
- Word documents with tracked changes uploaded to the Digital Hub will generate a warning.
- A new Reletter Footnotes by Chapter conversion option will iterate note numbers and references on a per chapter basis starting with the letter A.
Routine ePub Checking and Accessibility Improvements
- The version of epubcheck, the industry-standard ePub validator used by the Digital Hub, has been updated to the latest version (version 4.2.4).
- Conversions to ePub will add the readingOrder accessibility feature to the OPF for all titles where other accessibility metadata has been included.
- The update improves the accessibility compliance of bibliography roles applied to paragraph, structure, and chapter divisions in ePub 3.
Additional Feature Improvements
- The update improves index cross-reference linking.
- The Digital Hub now backlinks chapter titles even when they contain footnote or endnote references.