- New ePub validation tool
- Hub provides ePub and KindleGen file checks on output
Digital Hub Updates
Our online tool will rezip an ePub that you created through the Digital Hub and modified locally.
Improved Accessibility and E-book Features
Short Descriptions for Images
The Hub now provides an interface to include short descriptions for images that will be applied as alt text in HTML/ePub outputs.
- Alt text added in the Hub is limited to 150 characters and cannot contain HTML/XML control characters (<>, &, ”, ’).
- This alt text will only be applied to
- New creator roles are available.
- The Scribe downloads have been updated.
- Users can specify short descriptions for images.
- Improved cover image handling.
- Enhanced HTML tagging for e-book and HTML output.
- The file statistics panel allows the elements list to be sorted.
- ISBN types are separate fields.
- Includes an information button describing ISBN use in the Hub.
- File checks for InDesign XML.
- No file size restriction for ebooks.
- Prevents simultaneous conversions in a project.
New Digital Hub
The new Digital Hub is now live on scribenet.com. Additionally, Scribe Tools for InDesign have been updated with new features.
The new Digital Hub includes the following:
- Added organization features for shared files and settings
- Streamlined project creation and metadata interface
- Improved project pages
- Simplified image processing
- Behind-the-scenes updates for better file handling and faster conversions
For a complete list of Digital Hub features, including information