Spellchecking is a useful process in the writing, editing, and verification processes. The following are Scribe’s default Microsoft Word spellcheck settings.
- Ignore words in UPPERCASE
- Ignore words that contain numbers
- Ignore Internet and file addresses
- Enforce accented uppercase in French
- Suggest from main dictionary only
- Show readability statistics
- Hide spelling errors in this document only
- Hide grammar errors in this document only
- Flag Repeated Words.
- Check spelling as you type
- Use contextual spelling
- Mark grammar errors as you type
- Check grammar with spelling
French and Spanish Modes
- French modes: Traditional and new spellings
- Spanish modes: Tuteo and Voseo verb forms
If applicable, use thefeature to upload a specialized dictionary to the file.